Job Offer: Ophthalmologist in Sweden
The hospital is modern and well-equipped with a good working environment and possibilities for further professional development. You will work in a multidisciplinary team and there is a possibility of teaching young doctors and residents.
At the ophthalmology department, patients with all sorts of ophthalmological conditions such as cataract, glaucoma, diabetes, eye irritation, heavy eyelids, changes in the retina and in eye lock are treated and monitored. Glaucoma and retinal diseases are treated with laser. Patients with acute injuries are attended as well.
The hospital offers a permanent contract. Before starting the employment you and your family will participate in a free intensive language course to learn the Swedish language.
- Permanent contract after six-month trial period
- Attractive salary. Duties, if there will be, will be paid apart
- Training courses within working hours
- Assistance with finding an apartment, school and kindergarten etc.
- Fully organised initial visit to Sweden after a first interview and before a final decision
- Assistance with removal and relocation costs
- Intensive Swedish course, also for the family
- Remuneration during the Swedish language course of €700 monthly net, a supplement for children of a €70 monthly net, free apartment and travel costs for the family
All the services of MediCarrera are free of charge for the candidates.
- Specialist title in ophthalmology recognised in the EU
- Availability to complete the Swedish intensive course
- Interest in living and working in Sweden
- Surgical skills are not obligatory, but this is an advantage
- be a specialist doctor, dentist or Bsc nurse
- be an EU citizen OR have long-term residency in any of the EU member countries.
If you are not an EU citizen and/or your degree and title are not from EU countries, you must:
- have your medical degree AND specialist title recognised in any of the EU member countries
- have worked at least 3 years in any of the EU member countries AFTER your degree and title had been recognized.