Job Offer: Neurologists in Sweden

The public healthcare in Sweden offers employment for specialist doctors in neurology with broad experience (MS, epilepsy, movement disorders, stroke, headaches, etc.) in local, emergency and teaching hospitals.

Experience in the field of internal medicine is a plus. You will work in both inpatient and outpatient care.

You will work with patients that will need both acute and planned inpatient health and medical care. It can be patients needing treatments within several medical fields such as cardiac, lung, kidney, metabolic disorders, diabetes, blood diseases, bowel diseases and neurological diseases. As a specialist doctor, mento0ring of younger colleagues is also a part of the job. Working hours will be ordinary working hours, also including on-call work.

The hospitals offer many opportunities for further training and participation in research.

We offer:
  • Permanent contract after obtaining the Swedish license to practice as a specialist doctor
  • Attractive salary. Duties, if there will be, will be paid apart
  • Training courses within working hours
  • Help to find: Apartment, school and kindergarten
  • Invitation to study tour to Sweden after a first interview, to learn more about the region and the work environment
  • Assistance with removal and relocation costs
  • Intensive Swedish course, also for the family
  • Remuneration during the language course of €800 monthly net, free apartment, and travel costs for the family.
  • Specialist title in neurology recognized in the EU
  • Availability to complete the Swedish intensive course
  • Be an EU citizen OR have long-term residency in any of the EU member countries
  • Specialist title in internal medicine is an advantage
  • Professional experience
  • Experience in both outpatient and inpatient care
  • Availability to complete the Swedish intensive course

If you are not an EU citizen and/or your degree and title are not from EU countries, you must:

  • Have your medical degree AND specialist title recognized in any of the EU member countries
  • Have worked at least 3 years in any of the EU member countries AFTER your degree and title had been recognized

Apply here