Job Offer: Ophthalmologist in Norway
A vacancy as a staff specialist/consultant in ophthalmology is open in a municipal hospital in Norway.
The hospital covers 19 municipalities and around 180 000 residents.
At the ophthalmology department they treat and monitor patient with cataract, glaucoma, diabetes, eye irritation and changes in retina. Glaucoma and retinal diseases are treated with laser. They also deal with changes in eye lock and heavy eyelids.
They also accept acute injuries or conditions after referring from a family doctor or optician.
- Permanent contract after six-month trial period.
- Salary starting from 5000 EUR net. Duties must be expected and they will be paid apart.
- Training courses within working hours.
- Help to find: apartment, school and kindergarten.
- Invitation to study tour to Norway after a first interview, to learn more about the region and the work environment.
- Assistance with removal and relocation costs
- Intensive Norwegian course, also for the family.
- Remuneration during the Norwegian language course of 700€ monthly net, a supplement for children of 70€ monthly net, free apartment and travel costs for the family.
- Specialist title in Ophthalmology.
All the services of MediCarrera are free of charge for the candidates.
Please remember that to apply for our open positions in Scandinavia, you must:
- be a specialist doctor, dentist or Bsc nurse
- be an EU citizen OR have long-term residency in any of the EU member countries.
If you are not an EU citizen and/or your degree and title are not from EU countries, you must:
- have your medical degree AND specialist title recognised in any of the EU member countries
- have worked at least 3 years in any of the EU member countries AFTER your degree and title had been recognized.