Job Offer: Pulmonologist in Norway

A vacancy as a staff specialist/consultant in pulmonology at the department of pulmonology is open at a university hospital in Norway.

The candidate must be a specialist who can work independently and is capable of both diagnostics and treatments of all respiratory diseases. The work is mostly in an outpatient clinic, although the department also supervises lung patients that are admitted at the hospital.

The department does bronchoscopies for the whole hospital, so the candidate must know how to perform them well. The most common diseases are asthma, COPD, lung cancer, sarcoidosis, interstitial lung diseases, latent tuberculosis, but other more rare lung diseases are being treated as well.

The pulmonary clinic has a very good laboratory to perform pulmonary function tests and a “sleep laboratory”, and does pulmonary rehabilitation. The staff has many years of experience in lung medicine.

We offer:

  • Permanent contract after six months.
  • Training courses within working hours.
  • Help to find: apartment, school and kindergarten.
  • Study tour to Norway after a first interview, to learn more about the region and the work environment.
  • Assistance with removal and relocation costs.
  • Intensive Norwegian course, also for partner.
  • A scholarship for the Norwegian course of 700 EUR monthly net, a supplement for children of 70 EUR monthly net, free apartment and travel costs for the family.


  • Specialist exam in pulmonology.
  • Experience in internal medicine.
  • Ability to complete the Norwegian intensive course


All the services of MediCarrera are free of charge for the candidates.

Please remember that to apply for our open positions in Scandinavia, you must:

  • be a specialist doctor, dentist or Bsc nurse
  • be an EU citizen OR have long-term residency in any of the EU member countries.

If you are not an EU citizen and/or your degree and title are not from EU countries, you must:

  • have your medical degree AND specialist title recognised in any of the EU member countries
  • have worked at least 3 years in any of the EU member countries AFTER your degree and title had been recognized.